Friday, May 20, 2011

Watching and Waiting update.












As I write I am still watching and waiting, this week for instance I watched them bring the Peace Fountain from it's winter resting place to it's rightful summer home across the street. I then waited for them to get it turned on which they did today.



Even got in some balcony time today! Although it was a little chilly out, so I cut it short as I am fighting a cold of some sort right now and did not want to overdue it out there. Stuffy and congested, taking Benedryl with some relief, just not quick enough for me. I might even drop in on my Dr. tomorrow and get a prescription for some quicker relief.

This past week has also been one that has seen a couple of offers come our way for different things and we with much thankfulness and gratitude have accepted both! We are now in the process of planning a getaway thanks to one offer and marking our calenders for another that will have us seeing Roger Daltrey perform Tommy at Caesars Windsor in October! Two unexpected, but wonderful gestures on the part of the people giving us these opportunities.

So now we are "waiting" to get away, and then will be "watching" a great show in October. But now for the real "watching & waiting", I am still waiting for a date for my follow up C/T scan, and watching what feels like swollen lymphnodes under my chin and on my right neck. I hope it is just lymphnodes doing there normal function of helping fight this cold. Hoping that anyways. I think I might call the cancer center on Tuesday, and check on the status of the scan and mention the nodes.

We are also looking forward to doing our part at the Ride for Dad event on the 28th, I'm sure it will be a great day of meeting people and having fun. So, that is about all to update for now on the watching and waiting front.

We also thank two very special people who have given us two very special opportunities for which we are extremely grateful. Thank you! you know who you are.

Tim, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment