Thursday, May 5, 2011

A car. a dilemma, and a black cloud.


Well as most of you know by now, we have finally purchased and picked up our new vehicle, a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS. She's a beauty too, clean, low mileage, only 59,000 Km! We picked it up at noon on Tuesday.

Tuesday evening we attended the Caboto Club here in Windsor where I was meeting up with two of the dancers representing me at the semi-finals of the "Dancing with the Local Stars" competition at Caesars Windsor. This event is put on by BWTA, ( Better World Today Association ), which is a local group here in Windsor who puts on these type of events in order to raise funds and awareness for the Bone Marrow Registry. I was there to do a video shoot with them which will be aired at the event on May 10th. I will also be speaking at this event.

I had a great time working with Mable Cheung and Eagle Arakelian who are representing me at the semi finals on May 10, 2011 at Caesars Windsor. Upon leaving the Caboto club, as we were pulling out of our parking spot I could hear a rattling which sounded like the back hatch was open. When Brenda stopped for me to get out and check it, I found everything was OK with the hatch, but then noticed what was making the rattling noise. There was this huge rock on the roof of the car!!

Upon further investigation I found damages to the side of the car and the roof. We turned around and went back into the club to report this and call the police to make a report. I went back into the bar area to speak with the manager on duty to report this. I had also told him about another vehicle we noticed damaged when we turned around to go back in. He point to a woman on the phone and said it was her car and she was on the phone with the police reporting the damages to her car.


























The club manager took all my information while the other woman was on the phone, and when she was done he handed me the phone so I could report our situation as well. The police took my info over the phone and gave us a report number. The club manager was very apologetic about what had happened to us and offer us drinks. As I don't drink and Brenda had run over to Tim Horton's to grab I tea while I was in there I just asked for a water. We took pictures of the rock on Brenda's phone, (we'll figure out how to transfer them to here at some point!).

I would have been nice if the club might have offered to help in the way of paying for the damages, but since that did not happen we are now faced with a dilemma. Do we report this to the insurance company and risk our rates going up? or do we pay for the damages somehow out of pocket? We've already got one estimate at approx. $1,700 dollars! What to do?, and not a lot of time to make a decision.

Man I'm pissed, day one of the new vehicle, which we actually went over our budget to purchase because of the excellent shape of it and the low mileage, and not even eight hours after officially owning it, it is now damaged! I bet the parents of the bastards that did this are most likely proud of the little pricks they raised. I'm so mad I could easily end up behind bars if I ever caught them. The club is reviewing the video surveillance tapes to see of they caught them in action. I haven't heard back yet, but will call back to day to see what they found.

It may sound like I'm whining here, and trust me I am! Why can I not catch a break, seven years and counting I seem to have this "black cloud" over my head. Where, or why that is, I don't know. It can dissipate and let he sun shine through at any time now. It wins! enough already, go away and let me move on.

Well, that is enough of my whining for now, so I will update soon as to which way we go with this dilemma and I'll leave you all with love and hugs no matter where you are in you journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment