Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Repairs, Drum-A-Thon, and Dancing with the Local Stars.

Everything is finally starting to level off and come together. We got our car back yesterday, and I must acknowledge Dan Reiner at Reiner's Guaranteed Collision Center Ltd. for his kindness and all the work he did for us.

We were tapped out financially after the purchase of the car, and the cost of having it repaired after someone tried to break in was just not in the cards for us. A phone call I received directed me to Dan Reiner, who in turn took care of us in a HUGE way.

We are extremely grateful for the work he did for us, something he did mostly out of the goodness of his heart. The repair work is flawless and the car is like new again! A huge weight has been lifted off of our shoulders as we did not want to have to put in a claim on it. Especially after only owning the vehicle for a few hours!


T2B Drum-a-thon 2011

My brother Jamie and I attended the T2B (Transition to Betterness) Drum-A-thon put on by Jeff Burrows, drummer for The Tea Party, and Crash Karma. We had a great time there Saturday afternoon and caught the set with POWERSWITCH, a great local band. Brenda joined us there later and we entered some raffles to support the cause. She also got a photo of me with Jeff Burrows and his son Nicholas who also is a drummer and is with The Indecent, a great up and coming band which just signed with Warner Bros! After that it was off to Costco to do some shopping then home for R&R!


POWERSWITCH
Me, Nicholas & Jeff Burrows












Last night was the live Dancing with the Local Stars Semi Finals event at Caesars Windsor. We were there as couple number five, Mable Cheung & Eagle Arakelian were representing me at this years event. I was also eager to see the finished product on the pre filming we did last Tuesday. I must say, I think we had the best rehearsal tape of the evening. Not to mention the best dancing couple of the evening as well with a score of 29/30! Best score of the night! I've added a video clip of our part of the event below. Enjoy!



Tonight we will be attending the preview party for the finished taping of last nights event at a local restaurant here in Windsor. Should be another great evening out! Next event up for us, as I mentioned in my last post is the annual Ride for Dad in support of prostrate cancer. Brenda and I will be working the Leamington stop of the ride, should be another great day out supporting another great cause! I'm getting wore out and tired just from writing about everything we are involved in this summer!
Going to be needing lots and lots of naps to keep up!
Love and hugs to everyone in their journey's no matter where that may be.
Tim, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment