Saturday, May 7, 2011

A ray of sunshine!

After the unfortunate events of last this past week, there has been a ray of sunshine. I received a phone call with a referral to a local body shop here in Windsor, and our vehicle will be repaired on Monday! We can not say thank you enough to the people responsible for this.

It's refreshing to know there are still good people out there in the world.

Today was the Jeff Burrows 5th Annual drum-a-thon in support of Transition to Betterness (T2B). My brother and I stopped in this afternoon to catch a set. On stage with Jeff Burrows was local band POWERSWITCH. Also got the privilege of meeting Jeff's son Nicholas Burrows, who is the drummer for The Indecent, a great new group just signed to a major record label! Brenda also caught up with me at this event and took the photo of me with Jeff and Nick which you will find on my Facebook page.

Next up for us is the  (BWTA) Better World Today Association's,  Dancing with the Local Stars event here at Caesars Windsor, in support of bone marrow donor awareness. I will be speaking at this event on May 10th @ 8pm. I will be represented on the dance floor  by couple number five, Mable Cheung and Eagle Arakelian who will be performing a Rumba to the music of the 1980’s. I had a great time taping at their rehearsal earlier in the week as mentioned in my last blog entry.

The next event Brenda and I will be taking part in, is the annual Motorcycle Ride for Dad/Windsor, Sunday, May 29 where we will be manning the checkpoint at the Rhine Danube Club in Leamington, ON. Should be another great event and looking forward to seeing all the bikes and meeting some great people.

Following this event we will be attending and participating in the Survivors lap at the Canadian Cancer Society's annual Relay for Life Friday, June 17 at 7:00pm at the Vollmer Culture and Recreation Complex, in LaSalle, Ontario.

So busy times ahead and looking forward to the distraction from all that has been going on lately. It will be refreshing to get out and about and meet some great people I'm sure. So if you are going to be at any of these events be sure to keep an eye for us and take a moment to say hello!

Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment