Monday, January 24, 2011

New Journey Beginning?

As I sit here this morning, craving my morning cup of Tim Horton's coffee with an old fashion plain donut, I can't help but wonder the outcome of my biopsy this afternoon. In the mean time I will "cope" without my coffee and donut, the latter of which I will be eliminating from the morning routine after all of this however, I will still enjoy my cup of coffee and comradeship with the morning walk gang at the mall.

The wondering about the results. There it is, the certainty of the outcome, the very thought of the word biopsy that just wants to take over your mind with every crazy thought one could fathom. Although I have been down this road TOO many times in the past, it does not get any easier. My gut has been churning for weeks with the thought of it all, and my anxiety at times through the roof. Ativan and I have had a very close relationship this past few weeks, and more so the past few days. I had to remember not to do the morning pill routine today as well. The pharmacy tech at my pats went through my prescriptions the other day and gave me a list of what I could take day of surgery, it was about half what I normally take.

I savored every sip of water with every pill this morning too. "NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK" after midnight before surgery. Only small "SIPS" of water with my pills!!! Surgery is not till 2pm for peat sake!! You would at least think they would let you drink small amounts of water when you have to wait that long without. That is exactly why I decided to finish my computer course at the library today.
1- To keep my mind occupied prior to the long wait before surgery.
2- No food or drink in the computer lab at the library.

I sit here writing this to kill time and occupy my wandering mind as well. Although I consider this therapy in a way. A place to vent or get things off my mind, or even just to "talk" about things. Not sure how big my audience is on here, I do have a whopping 7 dedicated followers who have chosen to make themselves known by becoming official followers. There is according to my stats, many other viewers, and from many other countries as well I might add. Thank you to each of you who follow me, and for those who just stop in for a visit, consider becoming an official follower. Who knows you may even get the itch to blog.

There have been a good many of you whom have left me well wishes along with your thoughts and prayers, and I appreciate every one of them, and you. I will be up and blogging again soon, so stay tuned to find the outcome. Will the journey continue? Was this all for naught and a false alarm? Where will we go from here?

Wishing everyone well in their journey no matter what that may be.
Love and Hugs,
Tim, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment