Thursday, January 6, 2011

Medical Update

Unfortunately I must inform everyone that my cancer has returned once again. I received a call Dec, 17th with the news. I held off making it public, as I didn't want to make Christmas a bummer for my friends and family, a little selfish maybe, but overall I think I made the right decision.

I was informed by my Medical Oncologist that there are two affected nodes which have increased in size since my last scan in Jan/09. The affected nodes are in the Mediastinal region behind the Thymus gland, rather deep.

My Medical Oncologist has already consulted with my Radiation Oncologist and they have concluded that there also needs to be a biopsy of the affected nodes to find out what we are dealing with. Is it the Hodgkin or Non-Hodgkin. As the nodes are deep it sounds like there might have to be a surgery to get at them for the biopsy.

I had a bone marrow biopsy done on the 23rd of December, and had a Gallium scan done today. So I am hoping to know a lot more by early next week or even sooner if that is possible, but probably not realistic.

So, time to put the gloves back on for the 5th time in 4 years and knock this crap out once and for all!

Tim, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment