Friday, June 17, 2011

My interview on, Empower Radio : Empowering You for a Better Life - June 17, 2011 - Tim Mayer "Staying Positive in the Face of Cancer"

A short while ago I was asked by Facebook pal, Mel Majoros if I would be interested in doing an interview, about survivorship and relapse, on her show "The Cancer Warrior" on Empower Radio. I responded to her that I would be honored to do an interview on her show!

Well, yesterday, June 16, we finally connected to do the interview. I must say, after being nervous for sometime about doing it, I was actually very relaxed an comfortable doing it. I think Mel's ever pleasant personality had a lot to do with it. She made me feel very comfortable, we had a chat before and after the interview as well, and I felt like we've known each other for years! Well, we have known each other for a year or so. but only on Facebook.

It always seems to be easy chatting with other cancer survivors, It's like we can talk openly about almost anything. After all, we've been through the same things, tests, scans, good results, bad results.....etc. and we have all had to at one time or another face the possibility of death right in the face. That, is where I think the ease and openness comes from. It's hard to explain but if you've been there you know, is the only way to describe it.

So below is a link to click on to listen to the interview, it's about a half hour in length, so get comfortable and enjoy! And remember you can listen to any of the shows on The Cancer Warrior on demand by clicking on the link here or anytime on the permanent link on the lower right side of my blog page!





Click here to listen to the full interview on Empower Radio.


Today Brenda and I along with my uncle Don McFarlane are off to theVollmer Culture and Recreation Complex in Lasalle ON. for the Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for Life event. Brenda will join my Uncle and I in the survivors lap to start the event. Always an emotional moment when your name is read to begin. 

My radiation doctor has been the person to read the names the past three to four events, and this year due to other obligations is unable to do it. We will miss him there, Brenda and I have made it an annual event to have our photo with him there. 

Also remember to keep my friend Liz Schroeder Anderluh's daughter Shea in your thoughts and prayers as she goes through the next step of her journey with a allogenic stem cell transplant. Shea had her re-infusion of cells yesterday and is doing well! Also Bekah Furey as she is in Texas to receive a vaccine clinical trail,
So, until then I leave you with love and hugs, no matter where you are in your journey. 


So keep an eye for my next blog post where I will fill you in on the events that unfolded at the Relay for Life along with photos!, until then, love and hugs to all no matter where you are in your journey.

Tim, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment