Friday, April 8, 2011

UPDATE

Just to update everyone on what has transpired the past couple days. As you know I had started the process to get a second opinion at Karmanos in Detroit. They had received my medical records yesterday. Today I got a call from Verda at the International Services desk and I now have an appointment with Radhakrishnan Ramchandren, M.D. Hematology Oncology.

I have also received a Health History Questionnaire and have filled it out in order to save time at the appointment on the 18th. I now believe I have completed everything necessary to make this appointment as smooth as possible. I also have called my Oncologist here to let her know what is transpiring and keep her up do date. I wanted to ask about my Diagnostic Imaging disks to take with me, and also how to go about getting the pathology slides, as I believe they will want to see them, however good old chemo brain kicked in and I forgot! Oh well I'll have to remember to do it on Monday.

So this will take care of one of the options I am looking at. It's been a very stressful past couple weeks and I will be glad to get this step behind me and move forward. My Ativan stock is running thin! I have also been putting together all my records and notes that I have here. I've been documenting since this all began in 2006, so it's been interesting going through all my books and reading some of the notes.




No comments:

Post a Comment