Monday, April 11, 2011

The stress and fustration of putting the puzzle that's me together!

Just what I need, more stress and frustration. I am in the process of gathering all my pathology slides, C/T scans, X-rays, PET scan etc. for my appointment next week in Detroit. You don't realize how frustrating and stressful that really is until you have to do it.

I have been on the phone all morning trying to get through to the various departments at the Hospitals that you have to go through to end up with the right person in the right department. I've had to deal with two different hospitals here in Windsor, and well as London,ON. not to mention back and forth with Detroit to see exactly what they need.

I just want to make sure they have everything they need for the consultation there next week. So CD from London is in the mail, hopefully it gets here by Friday!!, I have to go to Windsor Regional to get my Cd's of X-rays and scans from them, just a matter of filling out a paper and then a 5 min wait while the copy the X-rays and scans to CD, I'm leery, 5 min!, I'm getting all scans and X-rays back to December 2006! We'll see. Hotel Dieu Grace has told me they will call me when they have my pathology slides ready for pick up. I also am waiting for my oncologist to get back to me with the exact SGN-35 clinical trial she is referring to as there are a couple of them currently enrolling at Karmanos.

Now I just need to hear back from Detroit as to if they just need my latest pathology slide or back to the beginning. It was my understanding from a discussion earlier today they wanted back to the beginning, but I called back again to as why we need all those, and was told she would speak with the nurse of the Dr. I am seeing there and get back to me. That has not happened yet.

There is were the frustration and stress comes in, will I be able to get everything on time for the appointment, and if not, will  I have to go back for an additional appointment when I get everything together. This is what happens when you get a quick appointment date, rush, rush, double rush!! Ah, the puzzle that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment