Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sleep, Ulcer, and the Wall

Well looks like I'm back to trying a new sleep aid, I was taking Triazolam for the past six months or so which worked just fine for me. I was able to get a full nights rest while taking it, no up and down or tossing and turning all night long. Apparently the pharmacy can no longer get it!! Hmmm, so my GP has now prescribed Temazepam 30mg.  for my sleep problem. I sure hope it works, I've done relaxation techniques, regular daily exercise, (morning mall walking), and still have problems getting a solid nights sleep. I even tried to take part in a sleep study for cancer patients that was being conducted at the University of Calgary, but would have had to go there for two weeks to take part. Not something I can do on a pittance of a disability pension. So tonight starts a new journey with a new med, so cheers to a good nights sleep!


Stomach disease or trauma


The results are in on Brenda's scope she had done on Tuesday and it appears that all the episodes she's been having off and on with the extreme pain is an ulcer. She has been put on a double dose of Prevacid for a week to give a rapid start to the healing process then she will be on 1 pill a day after the first week. We are hoping this does the trick. As painful as it is for me to watch her go through the attacks, I can't even imagine how painful it is for her. Also a list of foods to avoid for now as well, spicy and acidy things. She will be having a follow up in a couple of weeks.

THE WALL! 





"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day,
fritter and waste the hours in an off had way"
,Ok, wrong song, right songwriter! But that is where I am at right now waiting for Roger Waters, THE WALL, to hit the Palace of Auburn Hills. This is not only a "pay it forward" moment for a good deed I did many years ago for one of Brenda's uncle's who gave us the tickets as a gift for that deed, but it is also a life long dream to see this live! A bucket list item scratched off so to speak. This is a concert of historic meaning for any Pink Floyd / Roger Waters fan.
 

There is only one more thing that would not only be the icing on the cake, but another historic moment. That is that David Gilmour makes this date, the day he pays back Roger, by doing Comfortably Numb, in exchange for Roger having done "To Know Him is to Love Him" with David at the Hoping Foundation Event earlier this year. If only.................., now that would really make this old man's dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment