Wednesday, September 15, 2010

World Lymphoma Awareness Day


Today, September 15 is Word Lymphoma Awareness Day. I cannot stress enough the importance of awareness! I am puzzled why when lymphoma/leukemia is #5 on list list of cancers and on the rise! there is not the awareness there should be.

While wearing my lime green ribbon in support of Lymphoma/Blood cancers awareness month, I am frequently asked what is the symbolism of it! Let's face it everyone knows what a yellow ribbon is , a pink ribbon is, a rainbow ribbon.......etc. It's time, It's time we lymphoma survivors/warriors, caregivers, doctors, nurses, all of us, come together and spread the word of Awareness around the world. Even on T.V., Radio, all media forms, I do not hear anything about lymphoma awareness. This needs to change. I've lost too many friends in the last year to not put awareness in the face of everyone I come in contact with.

It is my hope to put together some kind of event here locally next year to mark World Lymphoma Awareness Day. With my forgetfulness, chemo brain, it is going to be some task. I have connections in media and entertainment, I will do what I can to bring them all in on some kind of event. Might even put it together with a bone marrow donor swab event! Sounds good, just gotta try and pull it off now. Open to any and all ideas/help etc. I know this is just a tiny tiny blog in the world of blogs right now but if you blog surfers out there come across this, spread the word in your communities.

My thoughts go out today to all those in the battle, no matter where you are in your journey.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Mayer! I hope all is well with you. I checked you out after you added my blog to your favorites. Thanks. Here's to your good health, sir. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete