Monday, June 11, 2012

Update / Still time to Donate.

Well a there has been a few things that have been going on since my last post. The shingles the made their presence known on Wednesday May 30, continued for a week or so to get worse. Now with medication and rest, they are starting to recede/disappear which is good. The soreness and itching drives me nuts! Valtrex was the drug of choice to tackle it.


Kevin Malott
36 years old
Jared McKnight
19 years old.

Two of our loved ones were put to rest this past week. They were both taken from us way too young! and have left behind families filled with grief and sorrow but also pleasant memories.. May they both rest in eternal peace.




I went for an ultrasound on my lower right back / kidney area, and stomach area. My doctor should have the results in his office in a week or so. Maybe this well tell what is going on with the pain I've been having in my lower right abdomen and lower right back/kidney area. Sure was uncomfortable as she did the right side as well even though I informed her I had shingles and they were visible, however none were "open". So I guess that might have been why there was no concern on her part.

Tomorrow I go for an unexpected C/T scan. Since my last visit to the Cancer Centre to see my social worker and dietitian and there was a considerable weight loss noted since my prior visit, my medical oncologist was contacted about it and immediately ordered a C/T scan which I will have done tomorrow morning. Then the scanxiety begins and even though I've been through this dozens of times in the past 6 years, it never gets any easier, if anything, it becomes worse mentally, with your mind playing all it's usual games with you.



This Friday will be the Windsor / Lasalle  Relay for Life event at the Vollmer Complex in Lasalle. This will be my 4th year doing the survivors lap at the event. It's an event I look forward to participating in every year and one day hope to be able to put together my own team.


Last Tuesday Brenda and I attended the Roger Waters, THE WALL concert in Detroit at the Joe Louis Arena, Let's just say neither of us were disappointed, we were in awe at how much more crisp and colorful the images on the wall were, and there were some noted musical changes and mentions as well .




                                                STILL TIME LEFT TO DONATE!
Also don't forget there is still time left to donate the the "Help Tim Hammer Lymphoma" fundraiser we are only at 26% of our goal amount and only weeks left to make that donation. Also looking for a group or corporate "Matching Donation Challenge" this is where you ask others to match your $500.00 donation and have fun competing at the same time while others match it!  The link as at the top right corner of this page just click on the  Orange "Give" button. 

                        Please consider making a donation today!, no amount is too small!


Thank you, 
Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment