Friday, September 2, 2011

Funk Therapy.


I'm in a "funk", just not knowing what to do, how to move on, how to get out of it basically. As you've probably noticed I haven't written on here in a while. I have written just nothing worthy of posting on here till today. I figured maybe writing about not being with it might help get things moving along. It seems to have worked! I'm actually writing something to post. 


Since just before going up north last week I really have not felt well. Having these terrible abdominal pains has had me not in the mood for much these past weeks. I've been to my family doctor twice now and he seems to believe it is bowel issues. I'm not convinced it is, however since I've been back from vacation and went to see him again, he gave me more meds, and these seem to have given me some relief, or is it just coincidence?


I'll take this bit of relief for what it is right now. The week we were up north I spent about forty percent of my time there in bed! Even with that I still had a good time and enjoyed the peace, quiet and tranquility of the lake. The outings we had were enjoyable and really enjoyed the country side up there, including the big bear at the dump! The outing on the lake on the Friday before we left was very enjoyable and the scenery was fantastic.

I had time to reflect on a lot of things while up there and still, just not sure on what direction to take next. I have several things on my plate right now and not sure what to do with most of them. I guess I have to get through this "funk" and then maybe I'll be able to move forward and start to get some of these projects done, some of which are time sensitive. I have not even begun to make my ribbons to hand out for Lymphoma Awareness month! This has been a year tradition for me these past few years, so I guess tomorrow I'll have to get busy with that. Maybe that will get me moving with the other projects as well.

Then there is the health issues. This abdominal thing has my mind going, although these past couple days have been better. I still have to figure which way I am going to move forward with regard to treatment options. That one really has me stuck in the mud. Even though I have had the opinion of four oncologists this year so far, three of which have the same opinion, I still the option of further opinions as well. Do I want to go there? Not sure, not sure if that would be the right move or just put me in a bigger spin. It is something I still have under serious consideration right now. Soon, real soon, I will make my decision on that course of action and finalize which direction to move forward with.

Me and Megan
Brenda with Megan
To move beyond all of that stuff, there has been something that has put a ray of sunshine on everything, and that was the birth of my granddaughter Megan Carol-Lyn Mayer, who was born on Wednesday August 31 2011 at 7:14 pm and weighed in at a whopping 9lbs 3oz and was 21in. She is just adorable. Mommy and baby went home today, after spending an extra night in hospital after it was found she had a little jaundice. All is well and they are home now, Brenda picked them up this morning to take them home.

The weather this past couple days has been hot, humid and unbearable to venture out into. The Harrow Fair is this weekend but not sure I want to spend that much time out in the heat, unless of course it cools down a bit by Sunday. Last Sunday we attended the annual Tecumseh Corn Festival which I have not been to in at least 15 - 20 year ago. Had a blast ran into friends there, just really enjoyed taking it all in, and then of course there was the corn on the cob! Um mm Ummmm, was sweet and delicious!

So overall this year has been great for outings, been a long time since I felt well enough to do all of this. And I have to say the majority of our getaways have been thanks to some wonderful generous friends and family without whom this enjoyable summer would not have happened. Still have one big event to attend, again thanks to the generosity of a long time friend, Brenda and I will be going to see Roger Daltrey perform Tommy and Caesars Windsor next month, can't wait! Two classic rock shows, two Octobers in a row, thanks to the generosity of family and friends! You guys are the best.

So, now that this is something I have finally written and will post, it's time to start moving forward with some ribbon making beginning tomorrow. Writing can be wonderful therapy at times, and thus this blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment