Thursday, September 29, 2011

Follow up & a Bonus.


 Thanks to everyone for all your comforting and at time hilarious responses to my last post on here. Since that post things took a few more days to "get moving" and seem to have leveled off for now. Not sure what that was all about, but hope to get some answers soon.

 It was not a fun week by any means, and I can't count all the medications I took to get things moving again, but I am glad to lay off of them now. I am again eating somewhat normal, so we will see how it goes over the coming days.

 I will be seeing a "new" oncologist at the Cancer Center next week, Dr. R. Gupta. I've heard good things, and as my regular medical oncologist told me," it might be good to have a fresh set of eyes" look at my case. I agree, and look forward to seeing  her.

The same day, later in the day, I will all be seeing Dr. Peer a local Internist, for consultation for a colonoscopy, If I recall correctly, it's been about three years since my last one. Probably overdue I guess. I recall my last colonoscopy by a different Dr. and woke up during it, thought the probe was going to push straight through my abdomen from the inside out! Hope if I do have another, they give me a good dose of what ever it is, to knock me out!

 This Saturday night is going to be a night of entertainment, courtesy of my friend and former co-worker/landlord, Deb Palmer. About a month or so ago during a conversation we had I mentioned Roger Daltrey was going to be in town at Caesars Windsor to perform The Who's Tommy. The next thing you know I have tickets to see this "historic" event. Wow! Last October Brenda and I got to see Roger Waters perform "The Wall" live in Detroit courtesy of Brenda's Uncle Tom, and now this October, "Tommy", courtesy of Deb! Thanks Deb, we are so thankful, and looking forward to it!



It's nice to have such caring, and generous family and friends! Living on a disability pension is another obstacle  in itself! It is very hard living payday to payday, but we do it, and like I said, thanks to the generosity of family and friends, we get to enjoy these outings and getaways that we would not otherwise be able to do! So again, thank you everyone, we are very appreciative of your generosity. Now, just to win some more contests! I'm in a dry spell this year, and hockey season is upon us. Last year I did well winning tickets to Windsor Spitfire games.

 This week has been an extra special one with the release of all the newly remastered Pink Floyd material, all I can say is, I've died and gone to heaven! If you haven't already you must check out Why Pink Floyd? and see all of the material and box sets now available. I have to say, two of  those items are on my Birthday/Christmas wish list, The Dark Side of The Moon Immersion Edition, and The Discovery Edition Box Set, which is all 14 of their albums on CD remastered! Check out the short video below outlining all that's available, along with some of the best music in the world to listen to while you watch! Enjoy.



 As a lot of you know, and if you don't, you do now, Pink Floyd is at the top of my all time favorites list, and will always remain there. This is the music that helped get me through some of my toughest days while waiting for, and during treatment. My mp3 is loaded with only Pink Floyd, hours and hours of it!

 As an added bonus I leave you with, Roger Waters performing with The Foo Fighters on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon this week. Until next time, Enjoy!

The Interview:



The Performance:

No comments:

Post a Comment