Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Latest Ramblings and Such.

This is just an update of the latest that's been going on. Since my six month check-up with Dr. Kanjeekal I have gotten a call from the Diagnostic Imaging Dept. at Windsor Regional Hospital for my C/T scan appointment date and times. I have made it through the "scanxiety" days before the scan, and now await the results, could be a week or so. I do not anticipate any surprises, but with these things one can never tell.

So now I go through all the "normal" worries and thoughts while I wait for the results, Karla, Dr. Kanjeekal's nurse told me to call in a week after the scan if I have not heard anything by then. I would think that if my phone does not ring in the next week with a call from them, that would mean I am in the clear.



Well, we've made the decision this year to dig out and assemble all the Christmas decorations and tree. We have not had anything up other than the small ceramic tree since I got ill in 2006

My lovely wife Brenda and I posing for our annual Christmas Card photo in Santa's Castle
 Now that things are finally in a "holding" pattern and there are no treatments or signs of the dreaded disease, the mood is there to celebrate and enjoy the season. I've done up all the Christmas cards and they've been sent out, so if you usually receive one from us it's on the way!

Also, would you keep my good friend Cathy Fisher Morris in your thoughts and prayers, she is currently undergoing her Stem cell transplant in St. Louis. She's just over a week in and looking for her white blood cell count to start rising again.

No comments:

Post a Comment